Monday, January 5, 2015

3rd of B2B2B Done

Midnight. Just finished my 3rd consecutive long run at what I consider the hardest time to run after a full day of work, kids are in bed and its only 16 degrees outside.  (Watching a movie with my husband was beckoning big-time)  I know I said I like cold best yesterday, but 16 degrees is pushing it.  I had on two pairs of pants (and I mean old school sweatpants), knee-high socks, 2 long-sleeve shirts and a fleece - a big wool hat.  I had on so many shirts that I could barely fit my reflector belt around my waist.  So cold - my body was still numb.

About old school sweats: there is something totally awesome about them.  To be clear, I'm not talking about "yoga pants", I'm talking about sweatpants - circa 1970-80, with tapered ankles, matching sweatshirt and typically grey heather.  Honestly, I don't know why more people don't wear them.  I have shown up at race sans tech gear in my sweats and I get some pretty weird looks.  They are totally comfortable - way more comfortable than tight spandex, in my opinion.  I will admit it... I rock the old school sweats.  There is actually one dude who runs around where I live and he's got the old school sweats on - and even puts up the hood, Rocky-style. To the guy who runs on 157 in Middlefield, CT kickin' it in the sweatsuit... I'm with ya!

Recovery day tomorrow - and I need it, more for my mind than my legs.  Legs feel good, still top of foot pain on the right (which I have to rock because I have gotten stress fractures), but otherwise physically I feel fine.  Mentally on the other hand... I'm exhausted.  I've seen things that aren't there or gotten kind of kooky on some long runs - but today, that happened on my ten miler and it's clearly because of the mental tiredness from the last three days.  So, on that note, it's now 12:40 and time for this girl to get to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment